Biblical counseling is based on the inerrancy, authority, and sufficiency of the Word of God. Accordingly, Gateway students are asked to affirm the following:
1. The Bible is the only inspired, inerrant, authoritative and sufficient Word of God consisting of the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments;
2. There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit;
3. The deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory;
4. That for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential;
5. A person becomes justified by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ;
6. The present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life;
7. The resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved unto the resurrection of life, and those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation;
8. The spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and His church.
PDF version of our Statement of Faith.